Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Super-Gay Profile - Brenda Stacey

Hey folks!

Today, I'm featuring Brenda Stacey! Like, oh my god!


Brenda Stacey is an 80's workout video instructor accidentally brought to present day when Wizard Wayne was attempting to use her most famous tape, "Like, Totally Working Out!" but being in a rush, he played the video tape using the VHS Time Machine. Ripping Brenda cold and confused from the setting of her fabulous workout room and erasing events she lived in her lifetime, Brenda's absence from the timeline where she previously existed will make for many interesting scenarios. Brenda has, thankfully, made a smooth transition into modern-day life.

But she won't throw away her leg warmers. ;D

About the design: Brenda Stacey gave me heaps of trouble when I was sitting at the pizza place trying to sketch out some concepts of her. I post all four of the disastrous pages just to let you see that, no matter how much you try, some days you just won't be able to come up with an appropriate design. I didn't manage to get it right until I drew the colored image at the top that you've seen previously. It just sort of...clicked, I guess. I think it helped that I was able to refer to an older image of mine in which I drew an 80's workout instructor for a video game-related contest. Strangely enough, I called this character Brenda, as well!

Also, random picture of Wizard Wayne!

Alrighty, come back tomorrow for some Sassquatch action!

~Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment